About Blue Marlin Dive TECH: We are a division of Blue Marlin Dive, which is dedicated to providing quality technical diver training, daily technical dive charters, and technical expeditions to all corners of Indonesia.
Our aim is not only to provide a conducive environment for training, but a facility where qualified technical divers can actually use their skills to dive the many wrecks and deep walls that the Gili islands and Indonesia have to offer. We feel a gap exists in the dive industry because many places offer technical diver training to divers, but few offer daily guided technical dives and technical live aboard expeditions.
We fill this gap in the industry.
Although we recommend all technical fun divers use their own equipment, we realise there are times that it may be impractical to bring everything with you. We have a wide variety of necessary tech equipment available (primarily Apeks and OMS) and we also have a huge variety of tanks available. These include: 22lt isolation manifold twins, 26 ltr isolation manifolded twins, single 11lt, 9lt, 5ltr,4lt and 3lt decompression tanks. All our boats are equipped with water, emergency oxygen, mobile hand phones and an extra supply of deco gas. We also have JJ CCR closed circuit rebreathers for courses, rental and retail as well as a generous supply of Softnolime grade 797 for our rebreather clients.
Outside of training activities, diving will be supervised in water (or from surface where deemed appropriate) by qualified Blue Marlin staff. Diving will take place at sites appropriate for the experience levels and certifications of the individuals involved. All decompression diving activities will be backed up by dedicated boat cover equipped with surface oxygen, additional decompression gases as required, and with mobile phones.
We require that all divers plan their dives to comply with the following guidelines:
- For any dive deeper than 40 metres, or any dive where decompression gases are used, a dive plan must be completed and approved by relevant Blue Marlin staff.
- All gas mixes MUST be analysed, correctly labeled for MOD and signed and dated by the user. Fill station log must be signed.
- Maximum bottom PO2 will be 1.5 ATA or lower.
- Maximum decompression PO2 will be 1.6 ATA or less.
- All divers must carry sufficient gas to complete their dives within rule of thirds, or as appropriate for the dive plan.
- On Trimix dives, maximum END will be 40m/130ft.
- Divers must be equipped with at least one reel and SMB/ lift bag, with two being strongly encouraged. A whistle and flashlight are highly recommended on all dives.
- All technical divers must provide proof of insurance upon arrival at Blue Marlin Dive.
Divers must carry back up depth and time information.
Blue Marlin staff will reserve final judgment on suitability and choice of the dive site and help you to plan your dives with the latest diving software.